Set up DLCs
In this how-to guide, we are going to create a DLC in LootLocker and then set up the corresponding information in Steam. This guide will walk you through implementing DLCs in both LootLocker, Steam, and in-game.
The LootLocker DLC feature lets you create a unlockable group of unlockable Assets that are connected to First Party DLC systems. DLCs are created on the First Party website as well as in the LootLocker DLC Menu, and then connected together with a DLC identifier or id. When a player starts your game, LootLocker (with the help of the game client) checks their First Party account for any new DLC, and then migrates the content into their Inventory. Learn more about DLCs here.
The DLC menu can be found in the Content side bar menu, under
Add new DLC Modal
To create a DLC, click the
Add DLCenter the DLC’s name and select which platform you want to connect the DLC to in the modal that appears. Once created, you will be able to fill in all of the necessary information required for the DLC to function.
- Name: The name of the DLC.
- DLC Identifier: The identifier or app id that is assigned to the DLC from the First Party.
- Platform: Select which First Party platform this DLC will connect to.
- Created: The date when this DLC was created.
- Updated: The most recent date this DLC was edited.
- Active: Allows you to set the DLC as Active or Inactive. If set to Inactive, the DLC Migration will not be checked.
- Contents: A list of all Assets that have been added to the DLC.
New DLC Page
To add Assets to the DLC’s Contents, click the
Add Assetbutton and search and select an Asset from the modal.
Select Asset to include in DLC