Create a Player Segment
In this how-to guide, we are going to create a Player Segment for players who have played a game during a certain time period and grant them an Asset. This guide will walk you through implementing a Player Segment in LootLocker.
The Player Segment menu can be found in the Player side bar menu, under
To create a new Player Segment, click on the
Create Player Segmentbutton and give your Player Segment a name. Once created, you can begin defining the criteria for your Segment and what Actions to perform on this Segment. The criteria below are not mutually exclusive and can be combined to create all kinds of Segments. The following information can be used when creating a Player Segment:
- Name: The name of the DLC.
- DLC Identifier: The identifier or app id that is assigned to the DLC from the First Party.
- Platform: Select which First Party platform this DLC will connect to.
- Created: The date when this DLC was created.
- Updated: The most recent date this DLC was edited.
- Active: Allows you to set the DLC as Active or Inactive. If set to Inactive, the DLC Migration will not be checked.
- Contents: A list of all Assets that have been added to the DLC.
Once you have entered the criteria for your Player Segment, click the Save button to save your Segment and retrieve the number of players who match the defined criteria.
Once your Segment has been created, you can choose to perform actions on that particular Segment. At the moment, it is only possible to grant Assets to Player Segments.
To grant an Asset to your player segment, click the
Create Asset Grantbutton in the Segment menu. This will display a modal where you can select which Asset to grant to the segment. If you would like to grant many Assets to the player segment, it is suggested that you create an Asset Package first, and then select this package in the pop up modal.
If you would like a list of all players within a Segment, click the
Get Players in Segmentbutton at the bottom of the Segment Menu. This is not a necessary step when creating or applying actions onto a Segment.
This action can take some time to load.