Install & Configure the SDK
The LootLocker Unity SDK provides an easy way to integrate LootLocker into your Unity project. The SDK can be downloaded through the Unity Asset Store, from the LootLocker Github repository release page, or installed directly using the Unity Package Manager.
- Unity Asset Store (current unavailable)
The next step is to install and configure the SDK in your project.
Installing the LootLocker SDK in your project is very straightforward and flexible with different ways to set it up depending on your personal preferences. Once you have downloaded the SDK, follow these steps to install the LootLocker SDK into your Unity project.
The Unity SDK can be installed through the Unity Package Manager or directly by importing the package into your Unity scene. We recommend using the Unity Package Manager.
Open the Unity editor and navigate to the Package Manager by clicking on
Click on the
+at the top of the Package Manager window and select
Add package from git URL.
Enter the URL below into the text box and click
If you do not have git installed on your computer you can install the SDK by downloading the entire repository and copying it into the packages folder of your project.
Double-click on the SDK package or drag the package into your Unity scene to import it.
If you are importing the package into an already existing project, make sure you untick the project settings so your settings are not overwritten.
If you already have the package
NewtonJsonfrom the Unity Asset Store or Github, untick the
Click Import to complete the SDK installation.
It’s time to connect the SDK in your project to the LootLocker Management Console. Depending on the game engine, there might be different ways to achieve this, so make sure you read everything before getting started.
Now that you have installed the SDK into your Unity project, you will want to connect the Unity project to your game in the LootLocker Management Console. The following steps walk you through configuring the LootLocker Unity SDK to work with a game that has already been created in the LootLocker Management Console. If you haven’t created a game or account yet, please visit our account creation or follow this guide.
Game Settingsand copy your API Key.
Return to the Unity Editor, Click on
Edit, and then
LootLocker SDKin the list to the left and fill in your API Key copied from the LootLocker dashboard.
Fill in all information based on data from the LootLocker Settings Menu.
- API Key is found in Game Settings in the LootLocker Management Console.
- Game Version refers to the current version of the game in the format 126.96.36.199 (the 3 and 4 being optional but recommended).
- Platform is the name of the platform the game will be built for (e.g Steam, PSN, Android, iOS).
- Environment lets you test your unpublished changes in the LootLocker Management Console by selecting
- Current Debug Level allows you to configure the debug level of the SDK. This can be set to
Normal Only, or
- Allow Token Refresh can be selected so that the SDK automatically attempts to refresh the session token if it expires. Otherwise the session token needs to be renewed manually.